Saturn Ignition Switch Recall
In February, 2014, General Motors recalled 1.6 million vehicles because of a faulty ignition switch that has been linked to the deaths of 13 people. To make matters worse, the company may have known about the defect for over a decade.
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.
Where Engine Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- 2003 Ion won't start intermittently 12 (100%)
- 1999 SL2 engine is burning oil and smoking 7 (58%)
- 2007 Aura timing chain is stretched 6 (50%)
- 2003 L300 check engine light comes on, engines runs rough 5 (42%)
- 2007 Vue running roughly, service engine light 5 (42%)
- 2003 Vue engine cuts out while driving 5 (42%)
- 2001 L200 timing chain failure 4 (33%)
Anyone else think GM is acting a bit like Oprah these days?
It feels like every week they're screaming "YOU GET A RECALL! YOU GET A RECALL! EVERYBODY GETS A RECALL!" And at this rate, it might actually be true -- this latest set of actions involves 269,000 vehicles, bringing the yearly total to over 29 million recalled cars and trucks.…keep reading